The following information is from the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project:
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to implement a full directional closure of the Southbound I-405 between Santa Monica Boulevard and National Boulevard in West L.A. the night of Tuesday, December 17, from midnight to 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning, December 18. The closures will facilitate the realignment of lanes to accommodate roadway widening and drainage work along the freeway median.
· Lanes will begin to close at 10 p.m.
· Southbound Sunset on-ramp closes at 7 p.m.
· Southbound Wilshire on-ramps close at 10 p.m.
· Southbound Santa Monica on-ramp closes at 10 p.m.
From the Southbound I-405, exit at Santa Monica Boulevard, turn left to Eastbound Santa Monica Boulevard, turn right to Southbound Sepulveda Boulevard, turn right to Westbound National Boulevard, and turn left on to the Southbound I-405 on-ramp.
The night of Wednesday, December 18, from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Thursday, December 19 is set as a contingency date should a second night of work be needed to complete the realignment.
What to expect:
· Work is dependent on favorable weather conditions.
· Emergency access will be maintained at all times.