LAFD Responds to Westwood High-Rise Fire

Food on the stove causes a fire at an apartment on West Wilshire Boulevard.

Firefighters quickly extinguished a kitchen fire at a Westwood high-rise apartment Thursday afternoon, Los Angeles Fire Department officials said. No one was injured.

The fire in the building located at 10560 West Wilshire Blvd. was caused by food on the stove, said Erik Scott, LAFD spokesman. The fire was reported at 3:22 p.m. No one was evacuated.

Scott said fires in high-rise buildings heighten the LAFD's concern because of the number of people inside who could be at risk.

"Fortunately, everyone was safe and sound," he said.

Firefighters remained at the location to remove smoke from the building.

Stay connected with Westwood-Century City Patch throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to our free daily newsletter for email updates.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »