'Tis the weekend for shopping and holiday parties. And when that's all over, there are post-holiday sales to get to, the new year and resolutions to keep. The calendar is filling up and 2012 hasn't even started yet!
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department knows there will be a lot going on. The department offered up some tips to help you stay safe online, at the mall and even at home.
- Always park where there is plenty of light, especially between your car and the store.
- Don't shop alone.
- Keep a close eye on your kids while shopping in busy, public places.
- Make sure you check unfamiliar online retailers with the Better Business Bureau or do a search for any complaints with the company.
- At home, keep your gifts away from windows and doorways.
- When heading out to a party, choose a designated driver before you leave.
The LA County Sheriff's Department shared many more tips. To read more, click here.