Westwood-Century City Patch has a list of things you can do in your neighborhood and on the Westside this weekend. Are you planning an event this weekend? Having a garage sale? Post your event for free on our events calendar by clicking right here.
- When: March 3 -- click the event link above for more details.
- Event: Several cast members and the director of the new movie "The Hunger Games" will attend a private meet-and-greet with 100 fans and a larger Q&A session with 1000 people. For more details on tickets, .
- Cost: Free, tickets are very limited.
Friends of Westwood Library Book Sale
- When: March 3 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Event: Pick up used books, DVDs and other materials at the Friends of Westwood Library sale and support the library at the same time. You can also drop off book donations at the event.
- Cost: Free admission
- When: March 3, 12:45 p.m.
- Event: Mindfulness educator Mitra Manesh will lead a 75-minute mindful art-viewing experience of the Armand Hammer Collection. This contemplative session is designed to deepen the art exploration experience by focusing on the suspension of judgment and creating an opportunity for art, artist, and self to be considered anew. This session will convene on Lindbrook Terrace.
- Cost: Free
Los Angeles Ballet Performs "Swan Lake"
- When: March 3, 7:30 p.m., March 4 2 p.m.
- Event: Los Angeles Ballet performs Tchaikovsky's classic ballet "Swan Lake" at Royce Hall.
- Cost: Starting at $116
- Where: Veterans Administration - click the event link above for more details.
- When: March 4, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Event: Come celebrate 124 years of the Los Angeles National Veterans Home. "Veterans Appreciation Day" will honor John P. Jones and Arcadia B. de Baker, land grantors of the March 5, 1888 Deed that promised “To locate, establish, construct and permanently maintain a National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers.” The celebration will be hosted by the Disabled American Veterans Chapter 13 of San Fernando Valley. Refreshments will be served.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Near the intersection of Santa Monica Boulevard and Corinth Avenue.
- When: Sunday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Event: Local, in-season fruits and vegetables for sale next to tents filled with art, crafts, flowers and prepared foods.
- Cost: Free.