Here are five stories that topped headlines this week on Westwood-Century City Patch.
- No charges were filed against a UCLA freshman water polo player arrested for allegedly raping a female student in a campus residence hall.
- A construction company was fined for unsafe work practices that led to a fatal industrial accident in West Los Angeles.
- Police warned residents not to leave anything visible in their vehicles after an increase in car break-ins in Westwood.
- The UCLA campus became a smoke- and tobacco-free zone.
- New homes will be built in Century City. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
What was your favorite area news story this week? Tell us in the comments section below.