1. Metro is now considering a third option of where to place a Century City subway stop, the agency reported. In addition to the previously announced options at Avenue of the Stars and Santa Monica Blvd., and the generally preferred option at Constellation, the agency is now considering placing the stop further east at Santa Monica Blvd. near Century Park East.
2. The commission appointed by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to review a proposal to build an NFL stadium in downtown Los Angeles will hold its first meeting today. The Blue Ribbon Commission on the Downtown Events Center will discuss the panel's goals then hear a presentation from Tim Leiweke, president of Anschutz Entertainment Group, which is proposing the $1 billion project adjacent to Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center.
3. A former head of human resources at KB Home was sentenced Wednesday to three years' probation and fined $10,000 for conspiring to obstruct a federal probe into illegal stock manipulation at the Westwood-based builder. Gary A. Ray pleaded guilty two years ago in Los Angeles federal court to conspiring to impede an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 2006, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. Along with probation and the fine, U.S. District Judge Otis D. Wright II sentenced Ray to four months of home detention and 600 hours of community service, prosecutors said.
4. A storm system stronger than what already has hit this week should arrive this evening and continue through Saturday. The approaching system brings the potential for heavy rain and strong winds. There also is a chance of waterspouts ... small tornados and thunderstorms with downpours, hail and lightning.
5. Today's weather: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 50s. Tonight: Mostly cloudy with rain after midnight.
City News Service was used to compile this report.