The 405 is closed. Now what?
If you're staying in this weekend, there's plenty going on in your neighborhood that's probably within walking or biking distance of your home. Here are a few deals and activities we found. Let us know in the comments if you hear of anything else going on, and we'll keep this page updated throughout the weekend.
- The Regency Theatres are offering a buy-one-get-one-half-off deal for movie admission this weekend at the and the and free refills on large popcorns. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 is playing at the Village theater and Horrible Bosses is playing at the Bruin. For movie showtimes, click here.
- Track of the Cat is playing at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Billy Wilder Theater. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased here.
- Admission to the is free this weekend. It's open 11 a.m.-7 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.
- The is free. Hours are 12-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For current exhibitions, click here.
- There will be free live music on the dining terrace at from 12-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The mall is also giving away gift cards worth up to $500 at noon on both days, and visitors can stop by the mall concierge to pick up a gift and enter to win prizes.
- The Westside Pavilion has a list of sales and deals happening this weekend. For more information, click here.
- Expect sunny, warm weather this weekend. Enjoy it by strolling your neighborhood, biking or heading over to a park or green space area.
- The pool and other facilities at the will be open through the weekend.
- Ditch your car and ride the bus and Metro lines for free this weekend. Here's a complete list of the free lines:
2 Downtown LA-Pacific Palisades via Sunset Bl
4 Downtown LA-West Hollywood-Santa Monica via Santa Monica Bl
20 Downtown LA-Santa Monica via Wilshire Bl
33 Downtown LA - Santa Monica via Venice Bl
150 Canoga Park-Universal City Station via Ventura Bl
152 Woodland Hills-North Hollywood Station via Fallbrook Av
155 Sherman Oaks-Burbank Station via Riverside Dr, Olive Av
156 Van Nuys-Hollywood-Panorama City
158 Chatsworth Station – Sherman Oaks via Devonshire St, Woodman Av
161 Thousand Oaks Transit Center-Warner Center
183 Sherman Oaks-Glendale Station via Magnolia Bl
224 Sylmar Station – Universal City Station via San Fernando Rd & Lankershim Bl
230 Mission College-Studio City via Laurel Canyon Bl
233 Lake View Terrace-Sherman Oaks via Van Nuys Bl
234 Mission College-Sherman Oaks via Sepulveda Bl & Brand Bl
236 Sylmar Station-Encino via Glenoaks Bl & Balboa Bl
240 Northridge via Reseda Bl
242 Porter Ranch-Woodland Hills via Tampa Av
243 Porter Ranch – Woodland Hills via Winnetka Av
244 Chatsworth Station-Woodland Hills via De Soto Av
245 Chatsworth Station – Woodland Hills via Topanga Canyon Bl
656 Van Nuys/Hollywood Owl
704 Metro Rapid – Downtown Los Angeles – Santa Monica via Santa Monica Bl
720 Metro Rapid – Santa Monica/Commerce via Wilshire Bl & Whittier Bl
733 Metro Rapid - Downtown Los Angeles/Santa Monica via Venice Bl.
761 Metro Rapid Pacoima/Westwood via Van Nuys Bl & Sepulveda Bl.
Note: Buses will be using Sepulveda Boulevard between Ventura Boulevard and Getty Center Drive. Passengers should expect greatly extended travel times on this line between Sherman Oaks and Westwood due to anticipated traffic congestion.